Campbells Creek Community Gardens Vision Statement
We envisage a garden that is in a central space, and used for social engagement and to learn together.
The garden will be open to all:
- strengthening our community
- welcoming all ages and abilities
- for those without space, ability or experience to garden at home
- for learning together
- to share tasks and produce
- to show examples of local gardening methods, and
- acting as a central space for social engagement.
We think that the land adjacent to the Community Centre is ideal, because it:
- is another way to encourage community members to engage with the centre
- has a perfect aspect (it is an open sunny position)
- is central and accessible for all community members
- will create a community asset
- would have community facilities adjacent.
We would like to provide and maintain healthy biodiversity though creating a sustainable garden. Our goal is to establish a garden where the gardeners decide what to grow, where and how, and to share the produce or decide for whom to give the products. We will start with raised beds in lined apple boxes and wicking beds. We are in the process of creating a feasibility study of options for our strategic plan.
We aim to be funded through grants, members and other fund-raising activities. We will develop an exit plan so the land is rehabilitated in the case of the group folding.